Willing to Believe the Best


I am willing to believe that you, as a Christian, made the best choice you knew how in the election.

I am willing to believe that you did not violate your conscience.

I am willing to believe that may have voted for Gary Johnson, and not completely agreed with some of his liberal thinking.

I am willing to believe that you may have voted for Evan McMullin, or some other independent candidate, knowing that one of the bigger candidates might win, but trusting God with your choice.

I am willing to believe, as hard as it is for me to say, that you may have voted for Hillary, not completely agreeing with her stances on same-sex union, abortion, etc., but because you thought the best thing would be to keep Trump out of the presidency.

I am willing to believe that you are just as strong of a Christian as I am, and perhaps even stronger and more convicted.

I'm willing to believe that your voting choice wasn't easy this time around.

So now, will you give me the benefit of the doubt, and be willing to believe similar things about me?

Will you be willing to believe that I don't hate refugees, by voting for Trump, but do think there should be proper vetting in place in order to protect our own? You wouldn't just allow a homeless guy to sleep in your children's room. There would be some questions and maneuvering in place first.

Will you be willing to believe that I value women, and am not sexist? After all, I am a woman. I don't like how Trump has been towards women in the past.

Would you be willing to believe that I'm not a fan of Trump, but wanted his party to win? I dreaded filling in the little bubble next to "Trump", but was glad when he won. I see it as a good thing that the Republican party has control for a while. 

Will you be willing to believe that I tried to make the best decision possible for our whole nation?

Would you be willing to believe that I sought God, and attempted to honor Him with my voting decision?

It breaks my heart to think that this election put rifts between Christians. It is good to be convicted; I see myself as convicted. But don't let it come between the body of Christ. Be willing to believe the best about your "enemy".

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” -John 13:35

Comments

Popular Posts